Food & Lifestyle

Thursday 14 July 2016

The Perfect Chocolate Brownie Recipe



I absolutely love chocolate, it is actually the only sweet thing I like to eat as I do prefer more savoury snacks, although brownies are my favourite! 

This is actually the first time I have ever made brownies and when I was browsing for a recipe I just couldn't find one where I was happy with all the ingredients used. I decided to try my own recipe and threw a load of ingredients I had and was happy using together and voilĂ .. they were very yummy and a hit with both my husband and daughter so the recipe is now in my personal cook book.

So here it is, I'm sharing my 'perfect' Chocolate Brownie Recipe.

INGREDIENTS 

(Makes 24 Small Squares)

125grams unsalted butter
100grams good quality 70% cocoa dark chocolate - broken in to pieces
40grams Lucy Bee cacao powder
35grams plain flour - sifted 
Half a tsp baking powder
180grams organic castor sugar
3 eggs - beaten 


METHOD

Preheat oven to 180c fan oven 

Line a brownie tray with baking parchment

In a large bowl, melt together the butter and chocolate pieces over a simmering water- mix until smooth

In a separate bowl mix together the cacao, flour, baking powder and sugar - add this to the melted chocolate mixture 

Stir everything together well

Beat eggs and mix into the mixture slowly to create a smooth and silky batter 

Pour mixture into lined tray and bake on the middle shelf for around 13 minutes (the top should be spongey but soft and gooey on the inside, use a skewer to check until you are happy)

Allow to completely cool in tray - transfer to a chopping board and cut into chunks or squares

Enjoy as a little sweet snack or as a dessert warmed slightly in the microwave and serve with vanilla ice cream and a little chocolate sauce if you want to impress at a dinner party. 


If you decided to try my recipe, let me know what you think! Happy baking!


Love & Light



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig