Food & Lifestyle

Friday 30 December 2016

Scrambled Egg, Chorizo & Halloumi Lunch


This recipe is a great filling lunch for one, full of good fats and protein, perfect for a post-work out meal. I will be honest; this concoction came together by pure fluke with left over ingredients left in the fridge and resulted in this wonderfully enjoyable meal one afternoon.

The chorizo was left over from the paella I had made in the week and I always have halloumi cheese in the fridge (because thats what Cypriots do!)

So here I thought I would share my recipe as it is so quick and easy to put together, it would be rude not too.

INGREDIENTS

1 tbsp Olive Oil
50 grams Chorizo
1 small Onion
1 large handful of Cherry Tomatoes
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 large egg, whisked
1 handful of chopped Parsley
A couple of slices of Halloumi
1/2 an avocado, chopped
Handful of Olives

METHOD

In a large frying pan, in a tablespoon of olive oil, add the chorizo, onions, cherry tomatoes and smoked paprika and fry until onions are soft.

Add the whisked egg and scramble into the frying pan mixture until cooked.

Meanwhile in a corner of the same frying pan lightly fry the halloumi for a couple of minutes each side and remove from the pan.

Serve the scrambled egg and chorizo mix on to a dinner plate, place the halloumi and chopped avocado next to it and finish with by sprinkling the parsley and olives on top.

There you have my quick and easy Scrambled Egg, Chorizo & Halloumi Lunch..

If you like my food recipes and photo's then don't forget to follow me on Instagram to keep up to date with food posts for healthy food and family food ideas.


Love & Light


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig