Food & Lifestyle

Thursday 20 July 2017

Healthy Dairy Free Crêpes

Crêpe Pancake


I love crêpe pancakes! They are one of my favourite treats that I can enjoy guilt-free. I love just throwing ingredients together and seeing what happens and this recipe was exactly that, throwing together these ingredients made such a lovely and healthy crêpe for the whole family to enjoy.

In the last 6 months I have stopped drinking/using milk in my diet. I had noticed that after I consumed milk, I felt sick, sluggish and my IBS would kick in. I now use a nut milk alternative, Almond milk in particular. At first I really wasn't sure that I could keep using Almond Milk in my diet as the taste is very different from milk, but the more I consumed it the more I liked it and now I LOVE it!

If you have never tried Almond milk, here are few of the benefits:

- It provides you with Calcium, Vitamin D & Vitamin E
- High in good Fats & Omega Fatty Acids (This is great for me as I don't eat a lot of oily fish)
- Full of Antioxidants
- It is a low Carb
- No Cholesterol
- No Saturated Fat
- Great for Weight Management
- Good for Digestion
- and is Lactose Free

These are great benefits and Almond Milk is a great product to have in your cupboard for a cooking and baking ingredient alternative.

So here is my Healthy Dairy Free Crêpe recipe..


INGREDIENTS

(Makes 6-8 crêpes)

100g Self-raising Flour
300ml Almond Milk
2 Large Eggs
1tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar

Organic Coconut Oil for frying

Toppings

2 Apricots, remove the kernel and sliced
Almond Flakes
Granola
Honey


METHOD

In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients and whisk until you have created a nice smooth batter

In a small or medium frying pan (depending on how big you want the pancakes) add a little coconut oil with a teaspoon over a medium heat

Using a piece of kitchen paper smooth the melted oil around

Using a ladle pour some of the pancake mix into the hot pan enough to cover the base (not too thick)

Cook for a couple of minutes on each side

Once cooked add a little honey on each crêpe and fold into quarters

Serve on a dinner plate with a drizzle of honey, apricots and a handful of almond flakes and granola


Enjoy for breakfast or as a post gym-snack/meal..

If you want a more traditional pancake crêpe recipe, here is my recipe.


Love & Light


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig