Food & Lifestyle

Thursday 28 January 2016

Chinese Beef & Egg Noodles



I have to admit when I cook I tend to just grab a few ingredients of vegetables and meat and mix it together to create my dinners, adding my favourite herbs and spices to make my food more interesting. I'm not anti processed food but if I have a choice I would take a home cooked meal any day and do this everyday for me and my family. I believe that healthy eating and eating everything in moderation is a better way of life than constantly trying different diets, this is a better way to lose weight healthily and maintain a healthy lifestyle and great health.
If you follow me on Instagram you will see that I am a massive foodie and constantly cooking up new foods for my family dinners. I always have friends and family ask me what cook book I use and my response is that I don't really unless I specify in my posts. I tend to be inspired by different cooks like Jamie Oliver, The Body Coach Joe Wicks and Gino D'Acampo. The key is to read, watch and listen to what foods are important in your daily eating and learn what foods and recipes work for you. Healthy eating shouldn't be a chore it should be enjoyable and personally I love cooking up healthy meals and snacks. This is what I want my children to be used to as they grow up and learn themselves that eating healthy is a natural thing to do.

Here is my recipe for a quick Chinese Beef with Egg Noodles...

INGREDIENTS

(Serves 1)

1 teaspoon of Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
1 small Beef Steak, sliced
1 Handful of Sugar Snaps
1 Bell Pepper
1 Handful of Stem Broccoli, sliced & chopped
Half a handful of Asparagus, chopped
1 Nest of Egg Noodles
Sprinkle of Chinese 5 Spice
Salt & Pepper to season

METHOD

In a large pan or wok, on a medium heat cook the beef in the coconut oil until the beef is cooked to a medium state. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Add the vegetables and mix together and cook until soft. 
Meanwhile, boil some water and add the egg noodles and follow the packet instructions or until the noodles are soft. 
Once the beef and vegetables are cooked sprinkle over the Chinese 5 Spice (you can add as much as you like but these spices are very strong so it is up to you how much flavour you would like) 
Stir and cook for a further minute or so. 
Drain the noodles and add to the mix and combine together.
Serve with a little soy sauce or sweet chilli for a contrast in flavour and enjoy!

Bon Appetite!

Love & Light



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig