Food & Lifestyle

Monday 3 February 2014

Book Review: Eat Pray Love


As part of the #2014bloggerschallenge my third post is a Book Review on my favourite book, Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert..
I love this book, I have lost count to how many times I have read this book. It inspires me to be independent, have faith and believe in myself. Based on the authors own experience Liz is on a mission to find herself again and she struggles. But through her travels of Italy, India and Indonesia she finds herself self and allows herself to fall in love. 

I have read so many reviews on this book over the years and this book is a bit like Marmite! You either love it or hate it! This book caused a lot if controversy to what kind of person Liz is and how she goes about describing and dealing with her life drama. But I do really believe that any novel is for the reader to make up their own mind to how it made them feel. 

"Eat Pray Love" is a travelogue of Liz's spiritual journey, seeking self satisfaction and the right balance in her life. Liz finds her self 'her marriage' in a rut and decides to move on with a rebound romance and depression. Falling deeper into her rut she decides to take a year to travel, where she decides, " I wanted to explore the art of pleasure in Italy, the art of devotion in India, and in Indonesia the art of balancing the two".

In Italy, Liz learns the language and the food where she starts her soul searching beginning her self healing journey, still feeling depressed she travels on to a Shrine in India where she explores her spiritual feelings and starts forgiving herself for taking this path in life. As Liz starts to feel as if she is finding herself she finally finds her path to Bali, Indonesia. She returns to The Medicine Man, whom ironically foretold this would all happen to Liz before she ended her marriage. He taught and showed her that she could find her own balance in life and love and by the end of it all Liz was able to heal her scars, find spiritual balance and fall in love. 

If you are a lover of spiritual, romantic and a typical woman's stress in life novel then this is a fabulous novel to get lost in and as much as I love Julia Roberts, the book is much better than the
movie! 

Happy Reading!

Love & Light

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I find it funny because when I was checking which books should I put on my ebook, I was thinking of geting this one and now after your review I think I will! :)
    Good post!! xx

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crissy, thank you for reading and for your lovely comment :) I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did :) xo

      Delete
  2. Hello lovely! I really like your blog so I nominated you for a liebster award! It's not compulsory but you're invited to answer my questions if you'd like! Rules and questions are in my blog! xx

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you, that is really nice of you :) I have saved your page and will go on and do it all later when I have more time :) thanks again mwah xo

      Delete

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig