Food & Lifestyle

Friday 6 January 2017

Chicken & Avocado Salad


I'm one of these people that don't believe in diets and skipping meals. I love food, I really do! If I don't eat for a few hours I actually get "hangry" (a combination of hungry and angry, if you have never come across this type of person before). On a serious note, the best way to keep healthy and fit is to make sure you eat 3 main meals a day and 'healthy snacks' in between. It is also important to eat the right types of food for your body depending on how much and when you exercise. For me I eat a lot of protein, this gives me plenty of energy to get me through the day as well as helping me get my body back to pre-pregnancy shape. Good protein in your diet is great for reducing tummy fat and helps with skin stretching back to normal.

After an amazing Christmas full of good company and good food (and bad food), my body was screaming at me to get back to eating the right foods. This was not a problem for me at all because I eat full and healthy meals everyday and I got straight back into eating right because I got into a good habit before Christmas. I can now say that I would recommend to anyone, from my personal experience, that getting into a "good habit" is hard, takes patience, dedication and will power but once you get over that brick wall you will be so happy and proud with yourself that there will never be a bad day. Just remember that as long as you eat in moderation and exercise regularly you will be happy!

So here is a quick and easy Chicken & Avocado Salad recipe that is perfect for post gym or as meal prep for your lunch..

INGREDIENTS

1 Large Avocado, cut in half and flesh removed, chopped
(50grams) Large handful of Cucumber, chopped
6 Cherry Tomatoes, chopped in half
(50grams) Large handful of Halloumi Cheese, chopped
(100grams) Cooked Breast Chicken (breaded or not), chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pink Himalayan Salt (optional)
Black Pepper (optional)

METHOD

In a mixing/plastic bowl add the avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, halloumi and chicken (either warm or chilled)

Drizzle a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper

Mix well with a large metal spoon

Serve in a pasta bowl or in a Tupperware box and enjoy!


Love & Light


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig