Food & Lifestyle

Monday 20 February 2017

Courgette & Red Pepper Soup


I really do enjoy a nice warm vegetable soup for lunch during the colder months. Making your own soup gives you the freedom to use whatever ingredients you want and it doesn't have to take hours to cook. Two of my favourite vegetables are courgettes and peppers so I thought I would make a yummy afternoon soup for me and the kids using some of the left over vegetables in the fridge.

Here is my very simple and easy Courgette & Red Pepper Soup recipe...

INGREDIENTS

(serves 4)

1 tsp Olive Oil
2 Nests of Vermicelli, broken up
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped small
1 Carrot, chopped small
1 Courgette, chopped small
1 large Potato, chopped small
900ml of cold water
1 tsp Vegetable Stock Powder
1 tsp Tomato Purée
Salt and Pepper to taste

METHOD

In a large saucepan add the oil and over a medium heat add the vermicelli and soften (don't let them burn/go brown)

Add all the chopped vegetables and cook until soft making sure you don't 'brown them' just cook to soften by stirring regularly

Add the water, tomato purée stock and bring to the boil

Season with salt and pepper if you desire

Cover and simmer for around 10-15 minutes or longer for a creamier consistency

Serve hot with a side of toasted wholemeal bread and a sprinkle of black pepper

Enjoy!


Love & Light

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks fab! Now I'm off to go check out your other recipes :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig