Food & Lifestyle

Thursday 23 February 2017

Hellimli // Halloumi Bread Recipe


A little while ago I wrote a post on my recipe for Zeytinli / Olive Bread which is a favourite of mine, so I thought I would add a recipe for Hellimli / Halloumi Bread; because who doesn't like halloumi and bread?!

This bread reminds me of my childhood, as my mother makes a great batch of these. There is nothing like my mother's cooking and my recipe doesn't even come close to how she makes it but in true Turkish tradition my mum just throws it all in with an added bit of love.

So this is my version of a family favourite that I now enjoy with my children, perfect to enjoy for breakfast or for your mid afternoon snack with a nice cup of tea...

INGREDIENTS

(makes 12 rolls)

700g Plain Flour, sieved
14g Dry Active Yeast
400ml Warm Water
A few pinches of Salt
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Pack Halloumi, chopped
1 Small Onion, diced
Half a tsp Dried Mint

METHOD

In a large bowl add the sieved flour, yeast, salt and add the water slowly mix well

Once the three ingredients are mixed together, on a clean surface dust some flour and knead the mixture for 10 minutes until it becomes a soft dough and slightly elastic

Cover the bowl with cling film, air tight. Then with a warm tea towel cover and leave in a warm place  for an hour (like on a radiator or warm cupboard) until the dough has doubled in size

Uncover the bowl and slowly mix in the onions, dried mint, olive oil and halloumi

Cover the bowl again and leave to rise again for another hour or so

Pre-heat fan oven to 170 degrees

Line two large baking trays with parchment paper

Make 12 rolls and flatten slightly

Bake for around 20 minutes or until the bread is cooked through and slightly golden brown on top

Enjoy straight away or save for later, also perfect for freezing



Love & Light




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig