Food & Lifestyle

Wednesday 26 June 2013

A Day Of Celebration

Yesterday, my sister, mother and I caught the train to London for my sisters Graduation Ceremony. Officially a graduate, my beautiful sister Derya has graduated with a BA Honours in Fashion Promotion.. My fashionista sister is ready for the world, but is the world ready for her?!

9:30am Tuesday morning gazing out of the window overlooking the London Eye pulling up at Waterloo East ready for the ceremony of the year. It was only 3 years ago that I was graduating on a lovely sunny day like today, now my darling sister has finished her 3 years, project after project, presentation after presentation and finally the dreaded dissertation. Walking along the Thames with the royal festival hall in sight we finally arrived at our destination.



A quick bite to eat and some photos of the graduate outside then we headed inside to the ceremony hall, welcomed by a small Orchestra.


As everyone took to their seats, the University's Chancellor and the rest of the board and lecturers entered the hall in a beautiful opening to the ceremony. After nearly 2 hours of many praises and speeches the graduates officially graduated. The Chancellor, Zandra Rhodes, famous for her work in British fashion, gave a very emotional speech about her life experiences in her career and gave the graduates an encouraging outlook on their new lives after university.

Leaving the hall we were greeted with champagne to celebrate and with the sun still shining in London Town we stepped outside to view the skyline as we took a lovely walk back to the station to head home.


What a beautiful and memorable day it has been. I am so proud of my little sister for all she has become and all that now waits for her in her life and her career.



Love & Light


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig