Food & Lifestyle

Thursday 18 July 2013

My Race For Life 5K Run


Sunday 7th July 2013 I took part in a fantastic charity event, Race for Life, run by Cancer Research UK. The event I chose was held at Blackheath in London and I trained and ran the 5k race. Typically, it was the hottest day of the year so far, but nothing was stopping me!
After I had my baby girl At the beginning of the year, I remembered that the previous year I had wanted to take part in the event but I was very poorly during my pregnancy and wasn't able to run like I wanted to. So this year was my chance. I hadn't exercised properly in over a year and I was very unfit, however that wasn't going to stop me. I started road running for 3 months before I ran the race. Nothing is impossible!


My close family and friends were very supportive and with lots of running and Wii fit, I improved my fitness and ran the whole 5k in under 40 minutes. I was so happy as I hadn't run the full 5k during training and I was estimated finishing in just under an hour. I ran the Race for Life in honour of my late Granddad (Dede) who we lost 10 years ago this September from Cancer. He was a fighter and survived for nearly 3 years. He was my best friend and my hero. Not only did I feel happy to have achieved a personal goal but I also helped raise over £100 for the charity and I hope to beat my personal best time next year and raise double the amount and more. 


Love & Light




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig