Food & Lifestyle

Thursday 4 August 2016

A Quick Summer Pasta Salad


The summer weather can make planning dinner a little difficult when you have less of an appetite and the kids are too busy playing in the garden to stop for food. So I threw together a quick and easy dinner for the whole family, keeping it healthy and nutritious and would be perfect meal prep for lunch as well as dinner the next day. Here is my recipe for a lovely and healthy summer pasta salad..


INGREDIENTS

(Serves 3-4 people)

Your choice of Cooked Pasta (50-100grams of uncooked pasta per person)  
2 large handfuls of cherry tomatoes, chopped or sliced
1 Romaine lettuce, chopped or sliced
1 Large Bell Pepper, sliced or chopped 
1 or 2 Avocados, sliced and chopped
Optional
1-2 tbsp of Salad Cream
1 tbsp of Mayonnaise 

METHOD

Cook and cool your choice of pasta (best way to do this, to stop it from sticking, is to drain the pasta in a colander and rinse under cold water mixing the pasta as you do it) 

Wash and chop all the salad and vegetables and add to a large serving bowl with the pasta.

Add the salad cream and mayo for a creamy and tasty texture and mix well then serve. 
Quick and easy as that!





What are your favourite summer dinner recipes? Please share yours with me in the comments..


Love & Light

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh wow this sounds delicious and so super healthy too xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eating pasta in literally ever season but for summer I think a nice ravioli is always amazing! This recipe looks really good too, although I'd probably omit the peppers because in every just never liked them since I was a kid, haha

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pasta too. I love ravioli, my mum makes the best but always reminds me of a winter dish with the sauce she makes with it :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig