Food & Lifestyle

Sunday 26 January 2014

Giant Cupcake Recipe






























January has been a very busy month for me which meant that I haven't found much time to do any of my baking..so I took this an excuse to bake my mother a birthday cake :) I decided to do what I do best but on a larger scale, a Giant Cupcake. This was my first attempt and it turned out surprisingly well. So below I am sharing the ingredients and some tips to create a beautiful birthday cake. 


Ingredients

375g softened butter
375g caster sugar
6 large eggs
2tsp vanilla extract
375g self-raising flour
3 tbsp milk

(Use a normal cupcake method of mixture) 




The ideas are endless when being creative decorating a birthday cake and I went for a girly butterflies with flowers combo. I decided to pipe pink buttercream roses all over the top part of the cupcake (my first ever attempt at this) and then decorated with hand made butterflies and flowers which I made the night before with white fondant icing and pink edible glitter dust. 


Tip 1: Any star type nozzle is great when creating roses on a cake or cupcake.
Tip 2: To save time and a great idea for the bottom of the cupcake was to apply buttercream to act like glue and I placed chocolate fingers vertically around the base to create a chocolate pot for the roses


Everyone enjoyed the cake and my mother loved it! If anyone has ever made a giant cupcake I would love your links and to read your ideas so leave a comment :) 

Love & Light



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig