Food & Lifestyle

Thursday 3 March 2016

French Toast & Berries


I love French Toast! This is a perfect brunch idea when you fancy something sweet and healthy at the same time. It is so quick and easy to make and is perfect for the whole family to enjoy.

You can change up this recipe by using a nut milk instead of cow's milk and can be topped with any fruit you fancy that is in the fridge or your fruit bowl. Depending on how healthy you want to be you can add maple syrup or chocolate sauce instead of honey as a treat.

Here is my recipe for the perfect French Toast..

INGREDIENTS

(Serves 1)

1 tsp of Coconut Oil
1 Large Egg
125ml of semi-skimmed milk
Ground Cinnamon, to taste
2 Slices of Wholemeal bread
100grams Strawberries, sliced
100grams Blueberries
Honey, to serve

METHOD

In a large frying pan, add the coconut oil to a medium heat

Dip the bread slices into the egg, milk and cinnamon mixture, to coat all sides

Cook the slices for 3 minutes on each side until you get a nice light colour

To serve, top with berries and drizzle with honey and serve hot!

Bon Appetite!


Love & Light



SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I've actually never tasted French toast in my life! This looks so good though, especially with all the fresh berries.

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never tried it before making it myself, it is so yummy! :)

      Delete
  2. I love french toast i havent made it in a long time though
    this looks yummy
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love French Toast too! Thank you Kerona xo

      Delete
  3. I love French toast, it's one of my favourites and this looks so good.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is just so yummy isn't it! :) xo

      Delete
  4. This looks so good! Have always wanted to try and make french toast!

    Carla x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig