Food & Lifestyle

Monday 15 August 2016

A Simple Carrot Cake Recipe


I love Baking! I have loved baking since I was a little girl, I was always in the kitchen with my mum and Nene's (Grandmother's) cooking and baking up lots of turkish food and sweet pastries, cakes and all sorts. I find baking so therapeutic and calming and one day I would love my little babies to enjoy cooking and baking with me. Melis is already showing signs that she likes being in the kitchen with me as she asks me all the time if we can make cakes.

I like to experiment with different ingredients and one day I decided to try making one of my favourite desserts, Carrot Cake. This recipe is so simple to make and perfect for a simple and tasty cake for all the family.

INGREDIENTS

(Serves 10)

155ml Lucybee Coconut Oil (Room Temperature)
230grams Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon or/and Nutmeg
230grams Castor Sugar
1 Orange Zest
3 Eggs Beaten
50grams Crushed Walnuts
260grams Grated Carrots

METHOD

Preheat fan oven to 160 degrees

Grease and line with parchment paper two sandwich cake tins and

Sift flour, baking powder and spices and set aside

Add the sugar, zest, nuts and carrots and add into the flour mix

Beat egg and then add oil into a bowl and mix together, then add to the mixture and mix together well

Pour the mixture evenly into the two sandwiches tins

Bake on the middle shelf for 45-50 minutes (until skewer comes out clean)

Remove from the oven and allow to cool in tin for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack

Once cooled make up a small bowl of simple buttercream of your choice for the filling, then serve or store in an air tight cake box and keep for a few days. You can always keep it in the fridge too.

There it is my Simple Carrot Cake Recipe...


Love & Light



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig