Food & Lifestyle

Monday 29 August 2016

Coffee & Himalayan Salt Body Scrub



Over the past few years I have really being doing my research into buying more natural and organic beauty products and if you have read my post Coco For Coconut Oil you will know how much I love the stuff and use it a lot in replacement for beauty products. One morning I was cleaning my kitchen when I came across a coffee container with only a quarter amount of coffee granules left so I decided to throw together a coffee body scrub. I have made scrubs in the past using a lot of ingredients you find in the kitchen but I haven't tried making anything in a long time so I decided to give it a go.

Here are the ingredients I used to make this quick homemade body scrub for myself..

INGREDIENTS

Any empty jar or pot that is clean with a lid (I used a clean jam jar but you can buy all types)
50grams Ground Coffee
2tbsp Himalayan Pink Salt (Unground)
5 tbsp Organic Coconut Oil

METHOD

Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl until combined well

Place into your chosen clean jar or pot and seal well

When using coconut oil in cooler temperatures the mixture will turn hard so place the jar with the lid on in a bowl of hot/warm water until the oil has liquified and then use (remember to check the temperature of the scrub before applying to your body if you have warmed it first).

The best tip I was ever told was along side any exfoliation you do use a dry body brush first or alternate with body scrubs. This will help to keep the skin clean and smooth, which will aid skin renewal. Also any lotions and potions you use will absorb and work better on your skin.

Another tip I would recommend is to be careful as this scrub can get messy, so keep towels and clothing away when scrubbing and maybe do it while in the shower or bath to contain the mess! My skin has felt amazing and the fresh coffee smell is great for a morning boost for the skin and senses. I use this a few times a week and absolutely love it!

Love & Light



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig