Food & Lifestyle

Thursday 1 September 2016

Gluten Free Vanilla Shortbread Biscuits



Wednesday's seem to have become a baking day in our house. This week on GBBO it was Biscuit Week so Melis and I decided to bake some Short- Bread Biscuits. We have been experimenting with Gluten free foods and recipes lately so we decided to incorporate this in our baking too. We had so much fun baking these and Melis has really taken to being in the kitchen and making lots of food and sweet treats with me, which I am loving. So here are a few photos and our Gluten Free Vanilla Shortbread Biscuits..


INGREDIENTS

(Makes 20 Biscuits) 

250grams Unsalted Butter, softened
140grams Castor Sugar
1 Egg, room temp
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
300 grams Gluten-free Plain Flour 

METHOD

Pre-heat fan oven to 160 degrees 

Line a few baking trays with parchment paper and leave to one side

Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, put to one side 

In a bowl, whisk together the egg and vanilla extract and combine with the butter mixture, mix well 

Sieve the flour in slowly and mix until a creamy batter is formed

Use an ice-cream scoop and a teaspoon to scoop and make even circular biscuits, alternatively you can use a large piping nozzle and piping bag to create a smooth biscuit, either way works well

Bake for 17 minutes or until the top of the biscuit becomes a pale golden brown 

Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to avoid any breakage



Tip: For a sweeter finish you can sprinkle over some sugar before baking or dust over some icing sugar or even cacao powder for a fancy finish (we decided on icing sugar after I took my snaps)

We hope you enjoyed our recipe! Let me know what Gluten-Free baking recipes you like and share them with me below in the comments section..


Love & Light


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. So glad I've seen this - one of my housemates at uni this coming year has a gluten intolerance so I definitely need to use some gluten-free recipes when I'm baking and these look lovely :)

    Paris x
    http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paris :) I'm surprised how easy gluten free cooking and baking really is. Good luck with your new year at uni :)

      Pinar xo

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing.
    Would you like to follow each other?
    https://glaringwaves.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig