Food & Lifestyle

Monday 3 October 2016

Creamy Paprika Chicken


Time literally got away from me the last few weeks and its been a whole month since I last blogged, I have been super busy with my babies and family things. This month beautybakingbella is back with new regular posts. 

Here is a lovely dish that I threw together a few weeks ago and absolutely loved and was a winner with the whole family. It is so quick and easy to make and even my 9 month old loved it. 

I love experimenting with different herbs and spices and recently I have been loving paprika which is a great source of nutrients and antioxidants, a great source of vitamins for healthier looking skin and hair, even a small amount is great for you. Paprika chicken is a popular dish in Hungary (which I didn't know until after I made this) and I couldn't believe how yummy chicken tasted with a paprika and tomato sauce. 

Here is my recipe for a Creamy Paprika Chicken for the whole family...

INGREDIENTS

(Serves 3-4)

Olive Oil
500grams Skinless Breast Chicken, chopped 
1 tsp Paprika
150ml Tomato Passata
1 Large White Onion, diced 
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced 
1 tsp Butter
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Coriander, chopped

METHOD

In a medium saucepan, fry the onions and peppers in some olive oil for a few minutes on a medium heat until soft then add the chicken, butter and paprika and stir well. 

Once the chicken is cooked through add the passata and cook until the sauce is creamy (about 5-10 minutes, stir occasionally to stop the sauce from sticking) 

Season with a little salt and pepper to taste 

Serve with long grain or basmati rice

Sprinkle over some coriander to serve 

Hope you enjoyed my recipe! Please let me know what your favourite herbs and spices are when cooking, I always like to try something new.


Love & Light



SHARE:

1 comment

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig