Food & Lifestyle

Tuesday 2 December 2014

A Modern Take On A Black Tie Outfit


Last week I posted a piece on a charity event I recently attended. The event had a Black Tie dress code, so when it came to choosing an outfit, I knew straight away I needed to buy a new one as I have never been to a Black Tie do and had nothing sitting in my wardrobe which deemed suitable to wear.
As usual I looked online first for some inspiration and came across the same thing over and over, plain black long, mid and short dresses. Well as beautiful as the ones I tried on were I didn't feel like it had the 'wow' factor. I recently read that the latest celebrity trend for the red carpet had become very popular for formal events, the jumpsuit! I'm 5"4 and petite I never thought I would even find a jumpsuit that was short enough let alone look good. After trying a handful of jumpsuits on and finding them ridiculously long I finally came across a gorgeous lace covered bandeau top style jumpsuit. It fit perfectly, with a corset top and elegant style my shopping trip proved successful and I walked away very happy with my purchase.

So, girls this season go all out and dare to be different and add a jumpsuit to your formal wardrobe, I will definitely get more use out of my gorgeous outfit.

Here is what I wore to my first Black Tie event..

Kandis Lace Jumpsuit from Coast £135


Necklace New Look £7.99



Party Shoes New Look £14.99




Cushioned Handbag ASOS (I have had this for about 6 years)


                                     


Love & Light



SHARE:

7 comments

  1. You looked absolutely stunning! I love this outfit! You did a great twist on the traditional black tie :)

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sarah :) It was definitely nice to have an excuse to dress up hehe :)

      Delete
  2. love it! your jumpsuit is gorgeous, love the neck line:)
    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute handbag,

    I have a kate spade handbag giveaway on the blog right now, come check it out.

    xx, Jodi
    http://highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig