Food & Lifestyle

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Santorini - Our Villa


If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen my Insta-stories and posts while I was away visiting the beautiful greek island of Santorini. 

I have written up my travel diary in three parts, Our Villa, Places to Eat and Places to See. This post is all about where we stayed, our beautiful Villa in a little village called Vouvolous, just outside the main town of Fira. 



I don't think I was truly ready for the beauty of this island and throughout my stay I still couldn't grasp how exquisite the views were. Our home for 5 days was a place called Villa Sagini, a modern white washed Villa, with a main house and an out-house which sleeps 6 in total. With it's own private pool and breath taking views of the Aegean Sea, a large terrace wrapped around the side of the villa, with comfy sun loungers and dining area to sit back and relax during our stay. 


We arrived to a warm welcome from the lovely Dimi who was always on hand to provide us with information and help. She gave us a detailed description of the best things to do and see on the island. We were supplied with a mobile phone and free wifi (brilliant wifi) which enabled us to contact her and taxi's throughout our stay. Santorini is a very hilly island and even though everything is in walking distance the steep slopes make it difficult to walk to the nearest amenities and the local town, so the mobile came in handy to ring a taxi which was always less than 10 minutes away. We would always agree a price with our driver before setting off as there was 5 of us travelling. 

Dimi also gave us brochures of recommended tours and places to eat and was wonderful in helping book our excursion and tables for dinners (more information on these are in the posts to follow).



Our Villa was nothing like I had expected as I have never had a Villa holiday before. I was so impressed with how clean and modern it was. We had a fully fitted modern kitchen and a large sitting room with more spectacular views. On arrival there was a bottle of white wine, fresh orange juice and a local beverage to welcome us. 



The bedrooms were large, bright and airy. With a double bed, plenty of wardrobe space and dressing table. There was plenty of room for all our girly essentials. Each room had an air conditioning unit which we only used of an evening for some heating as the temperature was a little chilly at night. Also we had a safe in each room as well as a TV and towels for our sun loungers. 


The bathroom was big and fully stocked with toiletries, shower caps and tooth brushes. 
The out-house was again modern and with it's own bathroom and double bed, we had as much space as we could possible need to have a comfortable stay at this beautiful Villa.  


Our house keeper Nana was brilliant, always so happy and lovely. She would always talk to us and ask how our stay was and would always supply us with fresh towels daily as well as making our beds each day. Nana made our stay relaxing and stress-free. By far the best housekeeper I have ever met, she was fantastic. 


Lastly, we had our maintenance guy who would come in the mornings at 7am to clean the terrace and pool ready for our day. He was like stealth, we never heard him or actually saw him. 

We had an amazing time staying at this villa, like a home away from home. I would love to come back and stay here again in the future. As my first Villa holiday it is going to take a lot to top this amazing place. 


Love & Light


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That villa is STUNNING. The inside is like a beautiful posh hotel, the views are breathtaking and I just wanna sit in that pool with a glass of wine watching the sun. It's so pretty (I am not jealous at all, nope. not one bit haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing! I've never stayed somewhere so nice and yes it was very posh haha! Where our villa was situated we only saw sunrise, it was breathtaking! Haha I highly recommend this place for a lovely long weekend break, so relaxing..xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig