Food & Lifestyle

Friday 12 May 2017

Santorini - Where To Eat


Continuing on from my post Santorini - Our Villa my travel diary continues onto Where to Eat

I love Greek food it is very similar to Turkish food and growing up eating a variety of Mediterranean dishes it has always been my favourite to indulge in a meaty dish with a side of salad and tzatziki/cacik with warm homemade pitta bread. I have travelled to a lot of the Greek islands and have never been disappointed with the selection of food on offer and Santorini didn't disappoint. 

Here is a few of the places we ate at during our 5 days on the island...

ARGO RESTAURANT











Argo Restaurant is a lovely hidden gem situated in the main town of Fira. This restaurant was recommended to us and we didn't really know what to expect. After a little walk from the taxi drop off point and after getting distracted by the amazing views we found this lovely restaurant hidden away amongst little shops and restaurants that lined the tops of Fira.

The menu had a full variety of different dishes that would suit even the fussiest eaters, but for me my decision was easy. Without hesitation we decided on large sharing plate of fried Calamari, by far the best I have ever had.  



The views were spectacular and as we sat enjoying our starter and cocktails, which were also very tasty, we watched the most breath-taking sunset disappear over the volcano, a scene that was both beautiful and unforgettable. 



For my main meal I ordered the Lamb Kebabs in fresh homemade pitta wrap filled with tzatziki and salad with a side of skinny chips. The meat was so soft and tender and melted in my mouth. The fresh pitta was soft and floury and I genuinely enjoyed every bite, I could of eaten more!

If you love amazing views and great food when in Santorini then I would highly recommend Argo,  the food and service were brilliant with the added bonus of the sunset view, it did not disappoint. 

One thing that made this night for me was after sunset the temperature drops so the waiters bring round individual blankets for everyone to wrap up so you can continue enjoying your meal. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEAT CORNER GRILL


On day 4, after a morning of sightseeing and shopping in Fira we found this little beauty of a place amongst the shops, Meat Corner Grill. You could actually smell the amazing meat cooking before you saw it. The guys here were so lovely and friendly and this place was perfect for that quick stop off lunch. 


For €2.50 I had a mouthwatering Chicken Gyros with tzatziki, salad and chips in a warm pitta. The quality of food for that amazing price shocked me. It was so enjoyable and just the right amount of everything in one easy to eat pitta wrap. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PELEKANOS


On our last night we went to a restaurant in Oia called Pelekanos, which has a 360 degree view of the horizon which makes this spot one of the best on the island to watch on of the most spectacular sunsets in the world. 


Of course we started with some cocktails, which were a little pricer than Argo but each one was always made with immaculate detail and tasted amazing. My first cocktail was my favourite during the whole trip, a Summer Sangria made with white wine instead of red wine. It was so refreshing and fruity, definitely a recipe that I will try and recreate now that I am back home. 


For our starters we decided on fried Calamari and fried Halloumi and Watermelon, perfection is all I can say!





As my main course I ordered a chicken dish with a creamy cheesy mascarpone cheese sauce sandwiched between two chicken breasts with a side of boiled potatoes sautéed in rosemary and thyme.  


For dessert, it had to be done, I ordered a Baklava (my all time favourite dessert). The size of this dessert was perfect because it was big, it was very filling but so scrumptious and I didn't even feel guilt! 

After sunset we were supplied with individual blankets to keep warm while continuing to drink our cocktails. 


Some of the cocktails I would recommend at Pelekanos is the Summer Sangria, Strawberry Margarita and the Peach Bellini. 

I would recommend this place if you want a lovely picturesque view of the sunset in Oia. The food and cocktails were lovely and such great service from all the waiters and bar staff. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this post on places I recommend you eat in Santorini. 



Love & Light

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Yum, all of that food looks incredible and it's nice to see photos of Santorini as well! I've been twice and it's such a beautiful place and the greek food- my god it's good!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely go again too! The food was AMAZING! xo

      Delete
  2. Santorini is so high up on my list of places to go! That food looks INCREDIBLE, halloumi is my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It was on my bucket list and I will definitely be going back there again! xo

      Delete

Thank you for reading, please leave your comments for me to read and I'll get back to you ♥

Blogger Template Created by pipdig